Assistant Merchandiser- Diamond & Wedding
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Sector||Leicester Head Office|
|Job Ref||AURUMV3291||Contract Type||Permanent|
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, dedicated and driven Assistant Merchandiser to join our Merchandising team based at Aurum House in Leicester.
The Assistant Merchandiser faces the challenge of assisting and supporting the Merchandiser with the effective delivery of the department’s strategy and also for the planning, controlling and monitoring of purchases. They will ensure that the correct processes and procedures are followed for the intake and distribution of merchandise for the purpose of maximising sales and profit in the assigned departments andwill be responsible for delivering agreed business, revenue and margin objectives in their area of responsibility.
More specifically they will also be accountable for the delivery of the Aurum strategy and will support the Merchandising Manager and Merchandiser in delivery of profit margins for the Company.
- The Assistant Merchandiser has responsibility to fully support the Merchandiser and merchandising Manager in managing and controlling stock, sales and profiles within their area, protecting margins by ‘running a tight ship’ through stock control. They will provide analysis of stock positions and progress management.
- They will be responsible for the coaching and development of the Allocator leading and performance managing them to deliver outstanding results.
- The Assistant Merchandiser is required to communicate effectively across the business, influencing key stakeholders both internally and externally. They will embrace and drive customer-centric process throughout the business and demonstrate the ability to manage change, and facilitate positive and effective change within the team. They will consistently demonstrate a passion for the business and for the role.
- Coaching and development of the Allocator
Essential skills and experience:
- Considerable experience within a retail merchandising, allocator or retail analyst arena
- Evidence of supervising and coaching other team members to deliver outstanding results as part of a high performing team
- Evidence of co-ordinating a number of competing priorities to ensure targets and deadlines are met
- Evidence of working within a budget whilst still trading profit opportunities
- Ability to supervise and offer solutions to more junior personnel
Desirable skills and experience:
- Some knowledge of Excel
- Some experience of SAP, Business Warehouse / Business Objects
- Some user knowledge of a recognised planning system (Oracle, JDA, Torex, Predictix etc)
Closing date: 31st Mar 2017